Start Date: Tue, 1st Jan 2019
Location: , Somerset
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 6th Dec 2018
Job Ref No: 3731
Detailed Job Specification:
|A fantastic opportunity for a Printer Operator based in Bristol! To work within a small dedicated team providing Printer Operator services to a major client within Filton Bristol.
Primary responsibilities are to manage the output of documentation from printing devices, to collate that documentation and package for distribution within the clients location and their external locations.
This position will require you to operate on a three shift rotating pattern between Sunday evening and Friday 7:30pm.
You will be dedicated, have excellent time management and good attention to detail to ensure that service meets specific timescales on a daily basis.
There is onsite parking and use of clients restaurant facilities
The print operator role will manage all printer output, maintain stock supplies and undertake all administration related to this print output service.
This will include:
• Release print jobs to be printed from printer consoles.
• Collate and quality check printed output.
• Package and label printed output in readiness for distribution internally on site or in readiness for courier collection. An element of the printed output will be sealed using a pressure sealer
• Monitor stocks of materials such as paper, and ink in order to maintain supplies during equipment operation.
• Monitor stocks of all materials required to maintain service and reorder to ensure minimum stock leaves are maintained.
• To liaise with and act upon instructions from our clients printer teams.
• Raising of incidents for faults with Printers and Sealer as per equipment maintenance agreements and hosting of engineers when attending to those incidents
• Provide building custodian duties. To include locking and unlocking of main doors plus being the key custodian for supplier and maintenance areas of the building.
• Obtaining and supplying printer output on a monthly basis for recording and statistical purposes.
• Providing handover communication and instruction to oncoming shift person.
• Provision of ad hoc Goods in / out activities. Will require use of pump truck to take receipt of monthly paper delivery.
• Will use standard Microsoft products to communicate to internal and external parties.
• Will record and maintain information as per business requirements.
• Will provide shift cover for team absence.
Will be familiar with Information technology and will be able to use standard Windows office based products.
Will be a team player, have a practical approach, be able to work independently with excellent time management and commitment ensuring print output meets required standards and that output collection and distribution in line with service level agreements.
Will have good administration, organisation, and communication skills and will act as per instructions.
Will hold Ministry of Defence (MoD) SC security clearance.
Will be familiar with and able to commit to a shift pattern role that alternates weekly between these three shift patterns.
Familiarity within a printing environment is desirable though full training will be provided.
Familiarity with high output Xerox Printers and paper pressure sealers is desirable though full training will be provided
Shift 1 - 7:00am till 3:30pm (Monday to Friday)
Shift 2 – 11:30am to 8:00pm (Monday - Friday)
Shift 3 -7:00pm to 5:30am Sunday evening followed by 9:30pm to 5:30am (Monday to Thursday)
Will be prepared and willing to undertake an element of overtime to support business requirements and team absence