Level 3 Network Support Engineer - Palo Alto /Juniper
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + 20% Shift Allowance
Start Date: Fri, 1st Mar 2019
Location: , Various Locations
Vacancy Added On: Mon, 11th Feb 2019
Job Ref No: 4045
Detailed Job Specification:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Support Engineer (T3) to join a blue chip organization at their prestigious offices.
You will be an SME on Palo Alto and Juniper. Firepower, ICE and Prime are also highly desirable technologies. Along with CCIE Qualification,
Our client is flexible on the location for the base on this role. They have offices in Birstall, Horsham, Reading or Nelson which the suitable Engineer could be based for day to day.
This role is based within a team that provides 24x7x365 cover via on call rota however this role primarily operates Monday to Friday 0900-1730 but the successful candidate will be required to work to support the teams operations if or when required.
• Provide 3rd Line support for customer technical services to client’s customer base including monitoring, incidents, changes and appropriate service requests within agreed service hours and to agreed service levels.
• Undertake Small scale projects and be a technical owner for the BIS of new customers.
• Work with your team leadership to provide resource levels within the team to provide support across the NS Tier w enterprise networking based portfolio to cover all relevant technologies and flexibly adapt to ensure adequate team cover.
• Carry out proactive maintenance to maximize availability including patching, config backup and capacity management.
• Maintain your technical skills and upskill to cover all relevant technologies if/when required.
• Keep abreast of new developments in your relevant technology.
• Participate in Change Management process, creating and updating change requests as appropriate, attending CAB meetings at request as appropriate to ensure proposed changes do not compromise network availability.
• Establish effective working relationships with key parties from internal stakeholders to external suppliers; encourage stakeholder engagement and drive high quality working relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
You will be a highly experienced tier 3 level engineer able to competently undertake operational duties on complex Enterprise Networks as part of a highly technical team. You should have an understanding in liaising with Vendors at TAC level and be aware of the processes and standard of diagnostics this requires.
Technical skills: (a combination of the following is acceptable)
Hands on implementation and troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor networking solutions from a combination of the following technologies. Cisco, Extreme, Juniper, HP, Cisco/Juniper/Checkpoint security skills.
Experience of WIFI solutions including Aruba Clearpass and Airwave. Cisco WLC, Meraki, ISE and Prime, Ubiquiti WIFI solutions,
Nexus Experience (5, 7 series and 9k experience and/or certification) an advantage.
Load balancing technologies such as F5, ACE an advantage.
• Security Clearance. (SC Level) or the ability to be security cleared.
• CCNP/JNCIP/CCSE ideally working toward your CCIE or equivalent
• Knowledge of Network analytical tools such as Wireshark
• Previous technical experience with a proven ability to perform technical diagnostics and administration
• Ideally come from a multi-vendor best in class environment as the successful candidate will be required to be part of the technical team responsible for delivering vendor independent Network Solutions at Cisco Gold Partner Standard.
• Offer technical leadership, define and document best practice to other support tiers by providing informal assistance & formal training to T2 support.
• Communicate with customers on a highly technical level to provide immediate resolution where possible; ensuring tickets are managed and progressed correctly within the appropriate SLAs.
• This role will require a flexible and enthusiastic individual who is able to apply all company and departmental policies, procedures and work instructions to their daily tasks, and proactively contribute to improving these where possible.
• CCIE or vendor equivalent with relevant experience at Maintainer level.
• Knowledge and experience of network management tools, Knowledge of Service Now ITSM system.
• Knowledge and experience of F5 Configuration and fault finding.
• ITIL foundation
Personal Skills and Qualities:
• Ability to lead and develop others in a technical environment.
• Ability to collaborate to resolve complex issues.
• Experience in motivating teams to deliver excellent results.
• Customer focus, with a desire to deliver consistently high quality service.
• Good communications skills both written and verbal.
So if you are a Network Support Engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply today!