Sales and Trading Build Room Engineer - Technical / Banking
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + 10% shift allowance + benefi
Start Date: Thu, 11th Apr 2019
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Wed, 10th Apr 2019
Job Ref No: 4061
Detailed Job Specification:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Build room Engineer to join the sale and trading build room team, for a large banking firm in Canary Wharf.
You will have experience working on Imac / Hardware build experience, having worked on the Iphones, laptops, Desktops, keyboard, Tablets etc.
Shift based role - Hours the team cover - 0600 - 1900 Monday, and 0630 - 1900 Tuesday to Friday. 8 hours shifts rota bases. 10% shift allowance on top of basic salary.
We are looking for desktop engineer. Someone who demonstrates high levels of customer care and behaviour at all times. Has proven technical ability in supporting hardware and software within a comparable Sales and Trading environment under SLA conditions.
Responsibilities if the Build Room Engineer.
• Effectively use and manage Service Now or other call management system to handle and update calls.
• Installation and configuration of PCs, graphics cards, hard disks, memory, mice, keyboards, screens, printers and other components.
• Build all desktops and workstations to ensure stock levels are adequate to meet demand.
• Support of the corporate Blackberry/iPhone mobile phones and iPhone BYO (bring your own) devices
• Demonstrate high levels of customer care behaviours at all times and adopt an approach that shows consistent commitment to providing a customer focused quality service.
• Work across lines of service to ensure a coordinated approach to providing support for the customer.
• Actively build and develop excellent working relationships with all members of the team to ensure a professional approach to day to day activities.
• Screen, prioritize and undertake site based related incident resolution and change activity in accordance with defined processes, procedures and local work instructions.
Skill and experience required of the Build Room Engineer:
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills along with an attention to detail
• Current experience supporting Windows OS and bespoke applications within a business environment
• Technical ability supporting and maintaining hardware and peripheral devices; including break-fix
• Knowledge of trade floor desks including multi-screen configurations
• Proven technical ability in supporting video, audio, communications and IT hardware
• Blackberry support experience: Build / deploy using BES; Installation, configuration and training
• An understanding of ITIL Service Support and Delivery disciplines and methodologies
• Experience using a help desk call management system
• Ability to work in an organised way to tight timescales whilst under pressure
• Awareness of network infrastructure (cabling; configuration and release of IP address; etc.)
• Knowledge of Sidewinder MAC address QUIP, assigning Hostnames using standard Networking Tools
• Able to upgrade screen software driver, including analogue/digital force fix for graphics cards.
Do you have the outlined skill and experience? Are you looking a new challenge? Apply now!